Warehouse Space Optimization
With today's emphasis on reduced inventory, rapid throughput and quick response to the market needs, an industrial storage system should have three qualities; fast, easy access with 100% selectivity, efficient cube utilization, and high return on investment (ROI) with quick payback.
The ideal storage system is an important contributor to workflow effectiveness and productivity. Whether for parts and materials, work in process or finished goods. Its main purpose is to store material to be used...not just to sit there. Storage is dynamic, not static. That's why Compact's high-density mobile storage system are state-of-the-art for today's industries. They are designed for performance.
Utilizing Warehouse Space
Warehouse layouts can create wasted aisle space, consuming up to 40% of the total warehouse square footage. Warehouses also routinely run out of space due to rapid growth, seasonal peaks, and large discount buying. Planned inventory builds for manufacturing shutdowns, facility consolidation, or even a slow sales period can also contribute to overwhelming space canstraints.
Compact Storage System offers an innovative high-density storage solution that is custom fit to your needs.
Module Storage Capacity & Accessibility
Compact designs high density storage systems with in building columns. These designs are called modules. Module can be designed with different storage capacity and accessibilities ratios. Module designs are specific to each customer SKU storage applications as accessibility ratio.
Module Storage & Accessibility Example
- Floor Area 40’ width x 50' length = 2000 Square Feet
- Pallets GMAC 48” X 40” 1600LB
- Rack 42” deep uprights with 12” flu, five beam levels.
- Standard aisle 12’
Standard Wide Aisle design - vs. - Compact Mobile Design
- 24 Number of racks - 42 Number of Racks
- 240 Number of Pallet positions - 420 Number of Pallet Position
- One shift operation - One Shift Operation
- Cycle time to pick a pallet 45 seconds - Cycle time to pick 90 seconds
- Through put per hour 80 picks - Through put per hours 40 picks
Compact Mobile Advantage
- Increase in storage capacity - 75% Increase
- Number of pallet rack increase - 18 Additional racks
- Number of pallet position increase - 180
- Square footage utilization - 1,500 square feet pick up
- Sku pick activity - 320 picks per shift/40 per hour
Compact’s High density Mobile solution is designed in Modules. Modules are housed within building columns. This design allows the customer to locate selective SKU’s that are moderate to slow turn ratios. This creates the following strategic advantage:
- Significant increase in storage capacity.
- Increased warehouse productivity.
- Fast moving SKU’s are located close to loading docks and staging area greatly reducing fork lift travel time.
- Faster trailer turns are experienced
- Less lift trucks and operators
- 100% pallet accessibility and selectivity
- Significant increased pallet positions per Square foot
- Competitive advantage
- Increased utilization of the building assets.
- WITHOUT COMPACT:
Typically 60% of the floor space is wasted in non-productive access aisles. Only 40% is actually used for storage
- WITH COMPACT:
Compact’s mobile carriages eliminate all but one “moveable” access aisle to compact stored materials into 50°/a of the floor space, or less. Or a full 100% more storage is available within the original floor space area.
Simple Concept, Consider the Benefits
With today’s emphasis on reduced inventory, rapid throughput and quick response to the market needs, an industrial storage system should have three qualities: fast, easy access with 100°/a selectivity, efficient cube utilization, and high return on investment (ROI) with quick payback.
The ideal storage system is an important contributor to workflow effectiveness and productivity. Whether for parts and materials, work in process or finished goods. Its main purpose is to store material to be used... not just to sit there. Storage is dynamic, not static. That’s why Compact’s high-density mobile storage systems are state-of-the-art for today’s industries. They are designed for performance.
Anything that can be moved by a lift truck or crane can be stored on a Compact system. There are virtually no size, bulk, shape or weight design limits. So far, nobody has come up with a serious load requirement that we couldn’t meet. And our systems can meet almost any building column or ceiling height restrictions.
Twice as much material or more can be stored in the same area. Or, half the space you need now can be used for some-thing else. By using less space, stored material can be located closer to the point of use for faster retrieval.
COMPACT SYSTEMS OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
- → Incorporates drawers, shelves, bins, and racks to efficiently store parts and equipment of virtually any size or shape
- → Accommodates existing pallet racks and shelving units
- → Delivers twice the capacity of conventional storage
- → Prevents theft with proven security features
- → Reconfigures easily when systems requirements change
- → Provides for material-handling equipment to drive over low-profile track
- → Features anti-tip devices to guarantee system stability regardless of weight